The Federal Passenger Transport Act (LTV: RS 745.1) governing passenger transport provides the powers necessary for public transport companies to install video surveillance (Article 55 LTV). TPF (Transports publics fribourgeois) have therefore made use of these powers and most of their vehicles and stations are now equipped with CCTV that complies with the current regulations. The purpose of surveillance is to protect users of the service as well as the operations and the infrastructure themselves.
What to do in the event of an accident?
Despite our best efforts to ensure passengers' safety, accidents do occasionally happen and passengers may fall victim to those, especially given the high traffic volumes on our roads.
On board our vehicles
In the event of a fall or damage caused, for example, by doors closing or sudden braking, please keep the travel ticket that your were using at the time of the incident. It is extremely important to be able to identify the vehicle and the driver involved.
- Date and time of the accident
- Route No
- Destination (of the bus/train)
- The TPF vehicle No (or if not available, the type of vehicle)
- Any information which the driver may provide
- Witness details, if available
The form below must be completed in the following cases (non-exhaustive list):
- Fall on-board a vehicle
- damage caused by doors closing/opening
- accident involving a pushchair
- injuries recorded during a road accident whilst travelling on a TPF vehicle.